School Rules and behavioral expectations
All students at Playa Vista Elementary School (PVES) have the right to a positive, warm, and nurturing environment, where they can learn and play safely and securely. The goal of the PVES discipline program is to educate students with three skills for constructive social- interaction: being (1) Safe, (2) Kind, and (3) Responsible.
In order to establish an effective discipline program, it is essential that students understand what behavior is expected of them; All students are required to follow the rules listed below anywhere on school grounds, as well as on their way to and from school. All school personnel will make every effort to focus on positive behavior and reward such displays with verbal praise, playground tickets or Osprey Pride Cards.
Students are expected to:
- Treat others with respect
- Use appropriate language
- Use proper manners/etiquette
- Keep hands and feet to themselves
- Play in supervised areas
- Use playground equipment properly
- Follow adult directions
- Walk (not run) in the halls, MPR and to and from their classroom
- Clean their own eating area
- Dress and wear shoes appropriate for school (closed toe shoes at all times)
If a child behaves in a way that is not Safe, Kind, or Responsible they will receive:
- 1st warning: a reminder of the rules
- 2nd warning: loss of recess time
- 3rd warning: note given to their teacher for follow up in the classroom
- 4th warning: principal office referral
Any display of behavior that results in harm to others will lead to an immediate referral to the office and will consequently require parent involvement.